December 26, 2005

I'm in Windsor (Ontario/Canada)

At last I am in Canada! I am visiting my aunt, my uncle and my cousins. After agricultural Oklahoma, Detroit and Windsor (in Ontario-Canada) with their industrial economy and life style, provide an opportunity to make sociological, economic and political comparisons. Besides, I am trying to understand the differences between American and Canadian lifestyles, although they seem same. However realities are sometimes different from stories! Being the heart of automobile industry in the world, Detroit and Windsor involves the headquarters of General Motors, Chrysler and Ford Company. Post-Fordist economy and its "side effects" can easily be seen. Assembly line, fixed work times etc... Thanks to the taught of Prof. Sencer Ayata, I easily see how the Chicago Centric Zone Theory was applied in America's and Canada's cities. In addition to this, again thanks to my sociology classes at METU, it's not too difficult to realize the impact of shopping malls in people's life. Ok, it's enough for now! My next stop before Turkey is crazy NeW YoRk CiTy!

No comments:

Kış dönümü...

Yılların ardından… bir merhaba – uzaklarda kalan kendime de! İçtenlikle...   Yazarım belki bundan böyle. Kapattığım kapılar açılır, küfleri ...