April 4, 2008

nowadays...



Nowadays, I am obsessed with Orhan Pamuk. Back to Orhan Pamuk is more or less like back to Turkey. Narrow streets of Istanbul are talking, I see city lights from Heybeliada... As I always do! But the most important thing that I learnt from the book -Other Colors- is that in order to subvert the system we need to live "big life". We need silence and tenacity. Dirty memories of past should be killed or at least shaken to open space for new perceptions. I really want to believe that there is a "New Life" that ordinary people have not seen yet. I feel it from my heart. It's like a plateau where all connotations become tangible realities.
Yes... Nowadays, I am flying with Other Colors. If that Mexican woman in metro knew that I was touring the narrow streets of Istanbul with Orhan Pamuk, she would understand why I whistled and smiled.

Nowadays, I am unnecessarily happy.


Picture: http://fullmoonfever.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/pamuk_orhan-200505122.gif

No comments:

Kış dönümü...

Yılların ardından… bir merhaba – uzaklarda kalan kendime de! İçtenlikle...   Yazarım belki bundan böyle. Kapattığım kapılar açılır, küfleri ...